Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Great Lines from Westerns

A work in progress -- this is just a list of some of my favorite quotes from westerns. I'm a Clint Eastwood buff, but unfortunately I don't have anything with the Duke, John Wayne. Still working on my repertoire of westerns to watch.

"How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants." (Frank in Once Upon a Time in the West)

"You know, Jill, you remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month - he must have been a happy man." (Cheyenne in Once Upon a Time in the West)

"Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him." (Doc Holliday in Tombstone)

"I'm your huckleberry." (Doc Holliday in Tombstone)

"You gonna do somethin'? Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?" (Wyatt Earp in Tombstone)

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig." (Blondie in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)

"I like big fat men like you. When they fall they make more noise. And sometimes they don't get up." (Tuco in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)

"It ain't easy having pals." (Charley Bowdre in Young Guns)

"Reap the whirlwind, Brady. Reap it." (Billy the Kid in Young Guns)

BILLY: "Who are them?"
JOHN TUNSTALL: "'They,' William. 'Who are they?' Those are the boys of the dregs!" (Young Guns)

LITTLE BILL DAGGETT: "Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a bitch! You just shot an unarmed man!"
WILL MUNNY: "Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend." (The Unforgiven)

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" (Josey Wales in The Outlaw Josey Wales)

JAMIE: "I wish we had time to bury them fellas."
JOSEY WALES: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." (The Outlaw Josey Wales)

SENATOR: "The war's over. Our side won the war. Now we must busy ourselves winning the peace. And Fletcher, there's an old saying: To the victors belong the spoils."
FLETCHER: "There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." (The Outlaw Josey Wales)

BOUNTY HUNTER #1: "You're wanted, Wales."
JOSEY WALES: "Reckon I'm right popular. You a bounty hunter?"
BOUNTY HUNTER #1: "A man's got to do something for a living these days."
JOSEY WALES: "Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." (The Outlaw Josey Wales)

"Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in Kansas, sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches." (Josey Wales in The Outlaw Josey Wales)

No comments:

Post a Comment